I’ve been studying how to improve my headlines lately so I hope this one really got your attention. Don’t worry, it isn’t just hype because in this post I’ll show you step by step how you can build a business in just 5 months.
Hopefully you all are aware of my journey of building my affiliate marketing business from scratch. The is my 27th post on this blog and in almost all of them I’m sharing what I have been doing each week to get to where I am today.
To save you the trouble of going back through every single one of my posts, I’m going to go back through exactly every step I’ve taken to build my business from scratch and how I’m generating income online today. Okay, so are you ready to just dive in?
Building a Real Business
First off, my goal is to build a business not just promote affiliate products through Clickbank or any other affiliate program. So what this means is that it’s in your best interest to have your own product. But don’t panic, I’ll show you how you can accomplish this task as well.
Now having your own product will begin your journey of building a name for yourself. Sure, you can go the route of just promoting affiliate products if you want but you know that eventually if you want to have some pull, you’re going to have to put yourself out there and it depends on which niche you are interested in pursuing as to what kind of product you want your name to be attached to!
So you can start by either purchasing a product with resale rights and go that direction, which by the way is what my New Super Affiliate product entails, or you can hire someone to create one for you. Another option is you can interview someone who is very popular in the niche you are interesting in pursuing and make that interview your first product. Either way, that’s the best way to start. So once you have your product in place, where do you go from here?
Let the Fun Begin
Get your website and autoresponder series in place. This means you will have to purchase a few domain names, sign up with a hosting account and get an autoresponder service (and yes, these are my affiliate links so if you do sign up I will make a commission).
Get your accounts set up at:
- Create Facebook Fan Page
- EZine Articles (don’t discount this one yet)
- Create your Blog
It might take you a little while to get all of this into place but I wouldn’t drag my feet and I wouldn’t give myself more than two weeks tops to get this all into place.
The next step is to start generating content. You will need to start writing blog posts and articles. The articles are mainly for getting backlinks to your sites and not necessarily for traffic. Either way, you will need to put some time into creating content and you need to be consistent. Set a schedule and stick with it. This is SO important.
Start shooting some videos, even if you just start out with PowerPoint presentations. Doing screen capture videos and teaching other people how to do certain things is so powerful, but in the beginning, not a necessity. You just need to start getting something going.
Once you have some content up and videos shot, it’s time to start driving traffic to your sites. You can do this through:
- commenting on other blogs (If you need to know how, be sure to read my post “Blog Commenting, My New Favorite Thing“)
- commenting on other videos
- visiting forums in your niche and answering questions (never spam the posts with your links, that’s a big no no)
- social bookmarking your site and other content you find helpful (this makes you look really good in other people’s eyes)
- ping your content (all of it, your articles too)
- submit your posts to blog carnivals
- submit your site to the website directories
- submit your blog to blog directories
- submit your RSS Feed to RSS directories
- set up your RSS comment feeds on your social networking sites (I show you how in this video, “How to Create an RSS Comment Feed to Facebook & Twitter“)
- join blog networking communities (Blokube and Blog Interact are great)
- join giveaways
- start writing guest posts (people will start inviting you or find blogs that accept guest posts, here is a list of internet marketing blogs)
- join blogging communities (like Triberr, let’s talk, I can send you an invitation)
Once you have started implementing all of the above, you will start seeing traffic come to your blog and your site which will lead to opt-ins and sales.
Here are my stats to date:
- December I made 2 sales = $54
- January I made 1 sale = $27
- February I made 2 sales = $74
- March I made 4 sales = $108
- April I made 4 sales = $128
That’s a total of $391 over a 5 month period. So you can see how it’s slowly progressing. Once you start entering giveaways and joining other joint ventures, you will start getting more traffic to your site, your list will continue to grow and you will start making even more sales.
My stats for the number of visitors I’ve received to all three of my sites is well into the thousands but I know that everyone’s numbers whether it’s traffic, opt-ins or sales will be different. Want to know why?
Because it all depends on the amount of time and dedication you are willing to put into this project.
- How consistent will you be with writing content and posting it online?
- How many videos will you shoot and put up?
- How many blogs will you visit and start commenting?
- How much time are you willing to dedicate?
- How much money are you willing to invest?
- How much effort are you willing to put into building a business?
These are all questions only you can answer but just from my results alone, you can see that I’m well on my way to building a business for myself. 13 sales and only $391 may not seem like much to some people, but it’s a heck of a lot more than a lot of people have ever made here online. By continuing to learn, grow and implement the strategies and methods you learn, your business will continue to move upwards. There is no doubt in my mind. But it’s all up to you and no one else can do that for you.
What Are You Willing To Do
So here are a few question for you.
- What are you willing to do in order to build your own business whether it’s affiliate marketing, internet marketing, social media marketing or network marketing?
- What kind of time and effort are you willing to put in?
- What kind of investment are you willing to make in yourself?
- What kind of investment are you willing to put into your education?
Only you can answer those questions but I would love to hear what you are doing online and what type of business you are involved in. How are you doing and what type of progress have you made? Have you been working it non-stop? Have you seen consistent growth? Are your profits rising?
No, I don’t want to necessarily get into your personal business but I would be curious to know how you are progressing online and what you’ve learned from this experience. Please, do share and leave your comments. You know how much I appreciate your input and your honesty! You help me move forward and continue to grow and learn so I thank you for that!
Think I’ve covered enough on this subject for now. So I’ll sign off and look forward to hearing from each and every one of you. Thank you again for your time.